Are you familiar with the health benefits of eggs from free range chickens? Check this out...
If you are not yet aware of the benefits of free range, grass fed animals, take a look at some of these statistics:
- Cattle fed on grass have a different kind of fat. It has more Omega-3 fatty acids, which are the "good kinds of fat," necessary to good health. Omega-3 come from leafy plants, such as grass.
- Grass fed cattle contain less Omega-6 fatty acids, the kind prevalent in corn-fed beef, which are bad for you.
- Grass fed beef and milk from cows that graze on pasture, instead of consuming a high level of grain, contains more conjugated linolaic acid (CLA, a fatty acid found in beef and dairy fats). Human bodies don't produce their own CLA, but can obtain it through foods such as whole milk, butter and beef. CLA promotes healthy cell structure and regeneration. It has been shown to help reduce risk of cancer and disease.
- Grass fed beef is lower in fat and calories than grain fed beef.
- Grass fed beef is a more natural diet for humans, as we ate grass fed animals for thousands of years!